A clinical intervention that:
- is surgical in nature; and/or
- carries a procedural risk; and/or
- carries an anaesthetic risk; and/or
- requires specialised training; and/or
- requires special facilities or equipment only available in an acute care setting.
Episode of admitted patient care: record all procedures undertaken during the episode in accordance with the Australian Coding Standards.
Implementation in Metadata Sets
Australian Coding Standards (ACS) for ICD-10-AM (International statistical Classification of Diseases and related problems, tenth revision, Australian Modification) and ACHI (Australian Classification of Health Interventions)