BPT replaced HHS and Division specific budget spreadsheet and locally developed systems which had no consistency across sites.
BPT is a user friendly information system and assists in "top level" decision making based on a common and consistent methodology for all users and provides comparable data outputs.
Data can be viewed at the lowest level; pay class or position for FTE data or general ledger account code for Finance data. The data can also be rolled up and viewed at the highest level; eg: HHS/Division or at various levels of the Account Code hierarchy.
The benefits of BPT include:
- Consistency in Budget development across all HHSs and Divisions;
- Improved transparency on how budgets are developed;
- Centrally administered and supported to ensure consistency throughout the Budget development process;
- The system is secured and restricted to appropriate user access for the Cost Centre hierarchy as determined by senior managers and policies of each HHS/Division;
- Groups of users (common areas) have access to the same level of data.
BPT is available daily with a nightly maintenance window for background processing and data updates. BPT is updated nightly from FAMMIS for cost centre and GL account codes, and fortnightly from SAPHR Payroll for position number detail. Data uploads to DSS Necto and FAMMIS are run nightly from staging tables.