Non-admitted patient activity to be reported to the MAC includes:
- outpatient service events (OSEs) provided by clinics deemed as 'in scope' for reporting as determined by the IHPA's General list of in-scope public hospital services. Whilst the 'General list' does not include Tier 2 clinic classes of 'General Practice and Primary Care' (20.06), 'Aged Care Assessment' (40.02), 'Family Planning' (40.27), 'General Counselling' (40.33), and 'Primary Health Care' (40.08) as in-scope public hospital services, these clinic types must be reported.
Classification of clinic services will be to the appropriate CCC/Tier 2 clinic class for reporting at the jurisdictional health authority (Queensland Health), Hospital and Health Service (Local Hospital Network (LHN)) and hospital levels.
- Primary and Community Health service events (PCHSEs) provided by Primary and Community Health Services clinics that are not able to be classified to a CCC/Tier 2 clinic class and for which funding corresponds with cost centres designated as 'Non-ABF Service Categories' in the general ledger 'Funding Split Hierarchy'.
Classification of these clinic services will be to a service type identified in the Service type classifications and counting rules for reporting at the HHS level and may include activity for services that are outsourced. This activity does not fit the criteria prescribed in General list of in-scope public hospital services ie considered ABF in scope services, as these would be able to be reported against the appropriate Tier 2 clinic classification.
- occasions of service provided by clinics at the facility level that do not deliver clinical care eg activities such as home cleaning, meals on wheels or home maintenance. Whilst in the scope of MAC, these activities are not service events. This activity is collected for State reporting purposes (refer to Other Outreach Services for more information).
Further, this activity must:
- be activity that is funded by the jurisdictional health authority (Queensland Health), Hospital and Health Service, or hospital
- be irrespective of location (includes on-campus and off-campus), and
- be included regardless of setting or mode
- services provided from grants issued by the Commonwealth
- services that are the policy and funding responsibility of another state government department or the Commonwealth are not in scope for this collection, as activity would be reported elsewhere. Similarly, mental health and oral health service activity is reported via service specific information systems such as Consumer Integrated Mental Health Application (CIMHA) and Information System Oral Health (ISOH) and should therefore not be reported to the MAC
- services provided by email
- services provided to patients in the admitted, emergency department or emergency service care settings.
The OSE activity that is to be reported to the MAC is 'the total number of individual session non-admitted service events provided by an establishment' and 'the total number of group session non-admitted service events provided by an establishment'.
The PCHSE activity that is to be reported to the MAC for non-admitted patients is 'the total number of 'PCHSEs' provided to non-admitted patients in the reference period, for each of the Primary and Community Health service types.