BPT replaced in 2013 HHS and Division specific budget Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and locally developed systems which had limited consistency across sites.
BPT is a user-friendly information system and assists in "top level" decision making based on a common and consistent methodology for all users and provides comparable data outputs. Data can be viewed in BPT at the lowest level (e.g. pay class or position for FTE data or general ledger account code for Finance data).
The data in BPT can also be rolled up and viewed at the highest level (e.g. HHS / DoH Divisional) or at various levels of the hierarchies.
The benefits of BPT include:
- consistency in budget development across all HHSs and DoH Divisions;
- improved transparency on how budgets are developed;
- centrally administered and supported solution to ensure efficiency in the budget development process;
- it is secured and restricted to appropriate user access for the QH cost centre hierarchy as determined by senior managers and policies of each HHS or DoH Division;
- groups of users (common areas) can have access to the same level of data.
BPT is available daily with a nightly maintenance window for background processing and data updates. BPT is updated nightly from SAP S/4 HANA for cost centre and General Ledger account codes, and fortnightly from SAP ECC6 HR Payroll HRMIS for position number detail. Data uploads to DSS and SAP S/4 HANA are run nightly from staging tables.
BPT is compliant with DoH and HHS funding and reporting guidelines.